Happy Friday, friends! I’m currently packing my bags for Miami, where I’ll be headed tomorrow for a wonderful week of relaxation. It just so happens that my short break between the end of the spring semester and start of my summer internship is the same week that the hubs-to-be is be working from MIA instead of Spain. Did I invite myself? You bet.
It’s been a bittersweet week for me and to be honest, I haven’t felt up to blogging. I’m thrilled beyond words to be finished with my grad school courses but totally bummed about the grad school girls and I having to go our separate ways. There’s only been 1 other time I haven’t felt like blogging and it was the when I had both the flu and 5 stitches in my thumb.
To help pull myself out of this funk, I re-read this post from Lindsay this morning about saying thanks. I have SO much to be thankful for – this list of five things won’t even begin to scratch the surface but it’s definitely helped put a smile on my face!
- Having my fiancé around to make me laugh. He’s one of the most positive people I’ve ever met.
- A week of beach vacation in my future. Sleeping in, Kindle-reading, sweaty workouts, good food and fun in the sun, starting tomorrow!
- The girls. I found 6 life-long friends while in grad school which is nothing to be sad about. We’ve promised each other an annual reunion so we always have fun times to look forward to!
- My health. I’m 30, in the best shape of my life and damn proud of that.
- YOU. You’re the reason this little blog exists. Your comments put a smile on my face without fail and inspire me to live better, do more and share my experiences along the way.
As Oprah once said,
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
So true, don’t you think? What are you thankful for today?