The countdown is on – just 9 days until the big move and I’m starting to get that pit in my stomach more and more often – you know, the one that happens every time you think of another task you just don’t have time for or, worse, that you should have done already. The two things that ease those overwhelming feelings? List-writing & exercise. I’m armed and ready with my pen, paper and a short workout planned for every day this week, ready to tackle one nagging task at a time.
- eats -
When I’m not eating up every last thing in my pantry or freezer, I’m probably having a big bowl of pineapple & cottage cheese. Breakfast, lunch, snack, bedtime snack – there’s really no time of day I’d pass this up.
- exercise -
My friend Lauren came up from Georgia for a quick visit this weekend. Thankfully she took my mind off of the bajillion things that need to get done for a little while! We started Sunday off with a 5 1/2 mile run on campus and took the afternoon to enjoy the UNC basketball game & a very salty, concession stand pretzel. The pretzel may be my favorite part of any sporting event.
My workout agenda this week:
- Monday: 25 minute Sworkit workout – a new favorite butt-kicking, quick & dirty home workout app
- Tuesday: 4 mile run before work
- Wednesday: looking like a gym day weather-wise – 30 minutes on the elliptical/bike & some strength work
- Thursday: Sworkit before work – heading to happy hour with coworkers after work as Friday is my last day at the office
- Friday: a lunchtime 4-5 mile run on UNC campus – possibly my last one until our next girls reunion
- Saturday: rest day – heading to NYC for a girls weekend of wedding shopping, cocktails & mani-pedis
- Sunday: possibly a hotel gym workout pending the outcome of Saturday night’s festivities
What’s on your eats & exercise agenda this week?